My darling friend (and former owner of LCW) Polly was brave enough to sell her amazing online yarn store to me - isn't she fabulous?? So now I have all the luxurious yarn I could want - I get to share it with the world AND I have seriously moved into a SABLE* situation.
And of course it's been busy busy busy since then - the first two big jobs were immediate - rebranding to Great Southern Yarns AND heading to Knit August Nights - a HUGE knitters retreat in Napier - to hawk my wares. I decided tight timeframes were best - and gave myself six days to prepare for that lot.
Whew! KAN was wonderful - I met so many fantastic people - knitters, crocheters, yarn store owners, designers, Tweeps, FB friends... it was SO busy, SO exciting and SO tiring - a five and a half hour drive there will do that to a girl. Luckily Polly came along with me - so her sparkly expertise and yarn and knitting knowledge par excellence more than covered for my slightly dazed moments.
Things I learnt:
- Crocheters ARE loved by knitters - (I was very relieved by that one)
- Two wines after a three hour selling frenzy and a four hour drive is ENOUGH
- There is no such thing as 'this is the last skein I'm buying'
- Napier is BEAUTIFUL and we should all move there. Immediately
- Courtesy of the extremely talented, world renowned Margaret Stove - winding a skein from my wrists - life changing - thanks Margaret
- The Skeinz Wool Mill is AMAZING!! Head to my Pinterest Page to see the beauty that is the birth of a ball of wool.
- Watching talented knitters en masse is stunningly inspiring. I know that I've really gotta upgrade the skills from garter stitch scarves (see upcoming blog posts!)
I've tried to get a couple of pics of the beautiful Port Ahuriri beach on this post to show you the gorgeous location of the retreat - but Blogger isn't playing nice. I'll add 'em soon.
*SABLE: Stash Above and Beyond Life Expectation